Thursday, March 02, 2006

Commute: February Wrap Up

Review of my Philly-NYC commuting patterns in February:

Trains Taken In February
  • Morning trains taken: 130, 170, 180, 640
  • Evening trains taken: 137, 175, 177, 187
Quick February Commute Stats
  • I took a total of 14 one way trips on Amtrak In February.
  • I have a 10 trip ticket ($448).
  • I have a bunch of AGR points to cash in for tickets
On Time Performance and Analysis for February
  • 4 of the 14 one way trips were late; making my personal on time performance rate this month ~70%
  • 3 of the 4 late trains were evening trains breaking a pattern I've been tracking that evening trains are more often on time compared to morning trains.
  • I didn't take train #642 at all, not sure if it's still running late every day.
  • Average travel time in the mornings: Generally the morning trains took just about 1 hour and 25 minutes, some did make it in under 1 hour 15 minutes. As noted prior trains may leave 30th Street late but once rolling the total travel time is fairly consistent.
  • Average travel time in the evenings: Evening trains on average took about 1 hour and 25 minutes.
  • Travel times in February tracked with January, travel times getting a couple minutes longer on average since I started tracking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home