Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blog post "I don't know why Amtrak does not offer wireless Internet"

Answer Girl blog post about "I don't know why Amtrak does not offer wireless Internet".  This is a good question, Amtrak should offer this service to drive additional revenue. Amtrak could advertise their wireless internet service allowing people to be productive during their commutes enticing more people to use Amtrak. Maybe even offer this service as a free incentive for people to buy Smart Passes. Amtrak offering wireless connectivity is the way to go, airlines are starting to do this on flights and access is becoming ubiquitous so Amtrak will have to offer it at some point due to market forces. I would have loved to have had this when I was commuting regularly with Amtrak. I do observe that many people who take Amtrak have air cards so this would limit the number of people who would purchase internet connectivity from Amtrak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home